Officer - ICT Help Desk & Support (1)
The IT technical support officer will report to the Manager ICT Desk & Support and shall be responsible for the smooth running of computer systems and ensuring users get maximum benefits from them. Ensure the day-to-day operation of computers, servers, networks, and peripheral equipment, conforming to standards: recording problems (hardware, software, operating) and taking appropriate remedial action.
He/She must have a degree in Information Science, Electrical Engineering or a relevant field with at least 3 years of post-qualification experience in an IT enterprise environment.
- Good knowledge of current developments in IT.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and processes of service management,
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal skills in interacting with colleagues and other technical staff in a courteous and friendly manner, and a positive goal-oriented attitude in the workplace.
- A good memory of how software and operating systems work
- Excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with clients to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
- Ability to multi-task in order to prioritize and manage many open cases at one time
- Experience in information systems functions, including software and hardware installation and IT service management and support
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date: Closing date for the receipt of all applications is 2: pm on Friday 14th December, 2018. No application will be accepted after the closing time and date.