Officer - Software/Systems Development (1)
The Software/Systems Development Officer will assist the Supervisor to provide administration & support services for various information processing systems, will monitor data quality and produce regular and ad hoc data extracts as well as ensuring designated operational and maintenance functions are performed in an effective & timely manner. Assist in the design and development of new systems as and when required.
The prospective candidate must have a degree in computer science/Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent experience in a computing/IT discipline. Should have experience in supporting information systems preferably covering systems management and service management and evidence of writing and implementing operational processes / procedures and understanding of data quality issue.
- Practical relational database skills preferably MS Access, Oracle 10g and SQL Server.
- Understanding of basic programming concepts
- Exposure to the .NET Framework, Java, VB and C# Development environments
- Good interpersonal / communication skills and the ability to explain technical information to a non-technical audience
- Analytical approach to problem solving.
- Willingness to learn new skills